My son Amos' Story
Amos' birth was our second attempted home birth. I want to give you a gentle warning, not to say my son's birth was bad, but he was stillborn. His birth was the hardest thing I have ever had to go through, but it lit a spark in me to be there for other families who may walk this road. Pregnancy loss is still a birthday. I will always hold him in my heart. I did start a blog for him if you want to read more.
The beginning of a Legacy
I had to say goodbye to my son and know I am not the only one. I began thinking about how I could help those families and create a legacy for Amos because he cannot create his own. I desire that Amos' legacy includes precious keepsakes for families like mine. We are blessed to have an AMAZING photographer, Hannah Lepper of Hannah Lepper Photography, come and take the ONLY pictures we will ever have of Amos. Those images are treasured and along with my children and bible will be the first things I grab if our house caught fire. I want to be sure that families have those treasures too. I know they may not be able to look at them right away, it may even be years or never, but knowing they have them and can choose to look at them any time they feel is right is all I can hope for Amos' Legacy.
What does that mean?
I want to provide them with the Amos' Legacy Package, that includes:
- Documenting moments of their "HelloGoodbye" from the moment I am asked to join a family for up to 4 hours after and an optional next day 2-hour session for loved ones to visit and a session documenting their baby's funeral.
- A private gallery full of images from their "HelloGoodbye"
- An album professionally designed, full of their moments, to tell their story.
- A personally written Birth Story with images from their "HelloGoodbye" published with the birth stories on my site.
- A care package created for the family from Awakening Grace (local loss support group) and one giving to another family in honor of their baby.
All of this costs, but I will never charge an Amos' Legacy family. This is where you come in.
The total cost of the Amos Legacy package is $467.75 (with tax $32.75= $500.50) to $527.75 (with tax $26.95= $564.70).
- Documenting, storytelling and editing cost - while I do my work without charge I have costs associated with these hours.
- Sitter fees $100 (5 kids + on-call 24/7)
- Travel fees $25 (gas + parking fees)
- Private Gallery FREE.
- Album costs - again I will not charge for the time it takes to make this album, but there are costs associated with printing and shipping.
- Printing fees $235
- Shipping fees $7.75
- Awakening Grace care packages - with each family I would like to offer one to them and one to gift to another family in honor of their baby.
- 1 package costs $50 to $80 (depending on if the family already has
children who will be grieving the loss of a sibling.)
Ways you get involved in helping these families
#1 - Working with Creating Legacies Photography to document your moments is one way you are already helping them. How you ask?! Every single purchased session means 10% of your fee goes into the Amos' Legacy Package Fund. Funds from the 10% session range from $7.50 to $150.
#2 - Buying printed products, $1 from each product purchased through my business goes into the Amos' Legacy Package Fund. That means if you order 100 printed products $100 goes into the fund.
#3 - Buying digital products, $.50 from each product purchased through my business goes into the Amos' Legacy Package Fund. That means if you order 100 digital products $50 goes into the fund. (most of your galleries are more than 100 images in them.)
#4 - Entering my yearly Fan Favorite contest. All the proceeds from the contest go straight into the Amos' Legacy Fund. Meaning Entry fees and any donations made during the contest. Read more about the contest here.
#5 - Amos' birthday fundraiser. Each year the week of Amos' birth, March 10th, I will run a Facebook fundraiser. And on bigger years like his 10th birthday, I hope to hold a dinner and silent auction.
#6 - The donate button on the "My Story" Page.
Loss Families or Loved ones of Loss Families
If you or someone you love is experiencing pregnancy loss at any stage in pregnancy please feel free to contact me through this form or by calling or txting me at 712.259.0676 for anything.